New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Le updates

SAK PASE!!

Hey y'all! I don't have much to share I just wanted to come share pics of maself at the Celebration of Academic Excellence last week. You girl got inducted into the schools honor society, received a plaque for winning the Karl Stockhausen student of the semester award and got called up for making the dean's list. This was a nice way to end my last semester here on the Island. Here is a link with a little article about the night --> link

Also, yesterday I went with Dr. Chobanyan (an oncologist/professor at our school), the fellows, and a group of students to a clinic where we had a breast/health screening and education event. It's part of a breast cancer research Dr. Chobanyan is doing. I was invited to go only for Creole translation but we ended up not getting any Creole speakers yesterday so I ended up doing patient literacy and education with another student. It felt great teaching the Sint Maarten community how to self-check themselves for breast cancer and the things that do and do not cause breast cancer. They also got to check their cholesterol and glucose levels, BP, Ht, Weight etc. I will be going again on a Saturday in November so i'm looking forward to that. I'm also adding some pics of that.

Finally, the Black Medical Student Association on campus (BMSA) had a boat trip a few weekends and ago and I looked too cute so I had to share some of those pics too lmbo.


Comp is in about a month and I'm freaking out a little bit, I still have Cardio, respiratory, Renal and Endocrine systems to go through beforehand and I honestly don't think I have enough time to go through it all. So, I'm going to leave it in God's hands to do what only he can do...the impossible. Enjoy the pictures below and I pray that next time I post a blog update is after comp to tell you all how I passed! I'm speaking it out and I'm claiming it. So shall it be.













TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment