New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Monday, March 23, 2020

AUC 2020 Match List

Sak Pase!

Just came by real quick to upload AUC's match list along with a spreadsheet that the students at our school has for people who matched to post their step scores and where they matched. The link's are below but I while looking at these lists I decided to do some calculations. As an IMG, I have to apply to over 10 times more residency programs than the med students in the states. Yes I said 10x. Consider all else equal, a student in the states can apply to just 10 residency programs and they might get interview invitations for all 10 spots. A Caribbean med student like myself has to apply to over 100 just to get those same 10 interview invitations. I did the math and to apply for 130 residency programs the costs came out to over $3,000. Mind you, this is not including other app fees and traveling/flying/hotel costs. WHAT DID I SIGN UP FOR!? 

Anyway here are the links for your viewing pleasure, just click on them.

AUC RESIDENCY PLACEMENTS

AUC Student Reported Step Scores & Matches


TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment