New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Saturday, March 26, 2022

End of a Chapter


SAK PASE!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! So finally I can say that I MATCHED INTO RESIDENCY!!!! I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR! So on Monday, March 14th, I found out IF I matched. That following Friday, the 18th, I found out WHERE I matched! And I am pleased to say that I matched into my number one choice, Broward Medical Center/Salah Foundation Children's Hospital *starts praise dancing* Ain't God good ya'll? Ain't He? 

Listen, on Sunday night I could not sleep. I mean I stayed up the whole night with my wandering thoughts. After I found out the news on Monday, I thought my nerves would calm down but no sis/bruh. I was on my way to a pet store and tell me how I had a whole panic attack while driving. I'm happy my friend was in the car with me because she was there to calm me down and guide me to drive my car into a gas station. I guess I was nervous about finding out where I would match. I mean I loved Broward Health when I did my rotations there, not only because of the close proximity to home and the fact that I'll be able to make an impact in my community but also because of the people and the wonderful treatment I received from the residents and the Attendings there. I mean, they were really wonderful people. I'm literally over the moon you guys. After all these years of schooling and hard work, I'm going to start my dream job as a PEDIATRIC RESIDENT in my dream residency program! I mean God, wow! 

Well y'all, I think this is it. I've shared my whole med school journey with you guys. The whole reason I started this blog was to share my med school journey and now that it's over, this blog journey is too. End of one chapter but beginning of a new one.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this blog and follow my journey. I hope I brought some honesty, clarity and most importantly some inspiration to you guys not only about medical school but also about LIFE!! As always, feel free to reach out to me via this blog or my social media accounts. Enjoy some match day pics below. I love you all! 









WITH LOVE ALWAYS,

BETTYNA 💜

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!! I’m so proud of you!
    Your hard work has paid off. How lucky those sweet little ones will be to have you as their doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm excited to be their doctor too! <3

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh!! So proud of you!! Your hard work has paid off! How lucky those little will be to have you as their doctor!!

    ReplyDelete