New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Once Upon a time....

Sak Pase!


I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with this or what my plans are with this blog. I think maybe I'm hoping that sharing my journey will help some people or that sharing my journey will be therapeutic for me. Whatever the reason, here we go. Welcome to my thoughts.


I am an inspiring medical school student with lots to share. I'm sure you've heard of this story before...you know...horrible undergrad and mediocre MCAT Scores. US Medical schools hate me and won't give me a chance. Lost hope. Now shooting my shot and giving Caribbean medical schools a chance. I've read many many blogs and I've decided that the American University of the Caribbean Medical School is the place for me. I know the stigma with Caribbean schools, trust me I've heard it all, but here I am...I'm not a quitter. I applied on January 17, 2018. My app was complete on January 24, 2018. My interview was on February 8th, 2018. Today is Feb 14 and I think I'm supposed to get a decision from AUC this week or next. As I await my fate, I can't help but think about how I got to this point. I almost gave up on medicine. I'm not kidding! I thought about going into law. I am currently working at this wonderful law firm. Being around lawyers and the office, I realized that this is really not for me. Medicine is my passion so medicine I will pursue. God has a plan for me and he's given me many signs that my rightful place is in medicine :)


Until next time! I hope to bring good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment