New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Process

Sak Pase!


While I am super grateful and super excited to be going to medical school, at the same time I am super stressed. I have FINALLY completed the admissions checklist they sent me. I paid everything I needed to pay (easy peezy lemon squeezy right?) and filled out every form I had to fill out. Filled out the FAFSA and applied for the grad plus loan, housing, etc. Ohhh and I bought my flight ticket :)  WHEW! This is real, this is happening.


A little note about financial aid. Once you fill out the FAFSA, grad students are only eligible for $20,500 of a direct Stafford loan. Half for each semester of the year. However, 10,250 per semester doesn't even cover your tuition alone, imagine the full cost of attendance for each semester. So you will have to apply for a Grad Plus Loan to cover the rest. For that, they check your credit history for delinquent accounts and late payments, NOT your credit score from what AUC told me so don't worry much.


Now the official admissions checklist is done with but there are still few things I'm stressing over:
1) Buying a laptop - I have a faithful Dell Laptop from my first year of undergrad in 2011. It's been good to me for all of these years but now it is super slow and it cannot hold any charge. I mean it only makes sense to buy a new and improved laptop for med school right? I'm not sure what kind of laptop to buy, especially because my funds are so limited as of right now. However, GOD IS GOOD and he will provide a way.


2) I need to find someone to sublease my apartment from May-July. If not, I will have to continue paying $593 per month with my non-existent student salary. I've posted all over FB but nothing yet. Fingers and toes crossed that I find somebody before I have to leave.


3) Books....I've read that I don't need to buy the books from the online bookstore because I wont need all of them. So I'm still waiting on the booklist so I can figure out which books I think I'll need and what others I can omit?


4) And finally SCRUBS, scrub-a-dub-dubs. I have to go buy scrubs for anatomy lab. I'm not stressing over this but it's on my to do list. Oh and summer clothes, and packing and buying a suitcase. My friend E already bought me one (thanks E) but I need to buy another one soon.




TTYL!



No comments:

Post a Comment