New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Monday, March 19, 2018

Random Thoughts

Sak Pase!


So every semester at AUC, we take an Intro to Clinical Medicine Course. For that class, we need our white coats and dressy attire. We also need various instruments. For the first semester, I'll only need a sphygmomanometer (blood pressure monitor) and a stethoscope. I ordered my sphygmo from E-bay and my wonderful friend Fedia ordered my very expensive stethoscope for me. I HEART MY FRIENDS! To go to the specific one I ordered click here I chose a plum stethoscope because it's closest to my favorite color purple. I was a little worried at first that purple would be unprofessional and such. However, mwen pa kye. AUC told me to invest in a good stethoscope, so if I'm going to spend that much money on a stethoscope (well, Technically Fedia did) might as well do it in style. LOL! But for real, I want to make it...me, and me likes the color purple. I also engraved the stethoscope with my name.


I have required reading! I got an email from AUC that I have to read a book called "Short White Coat." When I get to the Island, they will give me a short quiz on it. I'm actually excited!
They also emailed me the name and email of my orientation advisor (OA). OAs are upper class students who volunteer their time to help out incoming students with any questions or concerns they may have before coming to the Island. I've got to say, my OA has been a huge help so far. I am reminded all the time why I chose to attend this school to begin with. Their close knit community and their desire to help their students in every way possible. I haven't even began my schooling at AUC, yet I am already in love with the school. I pray that it remains this way. I am worried about one thing though. I still have yet to receive my financial aid packet. I want to know if I will have enough money to cover the cost of attendance. I mean, I'm sure I will but my nerves aren't convinced.


In other news. MY HAIR! What will I do with my hair? I am a black girl with natural hair and I cannot do my hair by myself. Sad, I know. I am hoping that I find a natural hair salon in St Maarten to get my hair washed, conditioned and styled for me every month so I don't have to do it alone. I know, I knowww....I should learn to do it myself for my future daughters but that can wait? 👀


Finally, I will be flying to AUC the first week of May, possibly with my friend Emma. We'll see. I only have a month and half left and I will be starting medical school! Classes begin on May 8th.


TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment