New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

First Exam and Mini Updates

Sak  Pase!

Wow! I'm beyond words. Med school has been great so far. Definitely challenging. It's a lot of information thrown at you all at once so you're expected to stay on top of the information. My typical day is as follows. Well, actually there really isn't a typical day because our schedule is different every day (grr).  But I have Molecular and Cell Biology from 8am-9:20. Then from 9:30-10:20, I have either Embryology, Anatomy or Intro to Clinical Medicine. Then from 10:30-11:20 I have Histology. Again, depending on the day we have a little break then we have either Anatomy Cadaver Dissection Lab from 2-4pm or we have an Intro to Clinical Medicine workshop or a study skills workshop. If that sounds confusing then good! That's how confused we are here too. They definitely keep us on our toes. The sad part is I low-key love it. Maybe I'm crazy but being tired and on my toes means I'm being stimulated. Don't judge me. Hopefully this means that I will do well. Fingers and toes crossed.

My first embryology exam was yesterday. The class average was 78 and my grade was above average so I'm content. However, I was honestly aiming for an A. But like I said, I'm content with my grade, it could have been worse. Glory to God.

So AUC has this thing were we take mini timed quizzes every Monday for each class. They're mandatory and although not graded, the academic affairs department and our professors are using those quizzes to monitor our progress in our classes. If we're not doing well in the quizzes they will call us into their office to find out what's going on. I like it. It keeps me on top of the course material/

Today was our first real anatomy lab so we dissected today. MY FIRST PATIENT! :) We started working on the thorax so today we took the skin layer off, then the fat layer. It was....greasy. Taking the skin layer off without touching the fat layer was little complicated but I have a great group and the team work was great! We even stayed after lab ended at 4pm so we can finish taking off the fat layer. Great group!

That's all for now folks. Below is a picture I took today before lab :)



TTYL!





No comments:

Post a Comment