New To My Blog? Read This Post Called "Epiphany" First!

Epiphany

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Good times

Sak Pase!

Orientation started yesterday and doesn't end until right before our White Coat Ceremony on Monday. So the weekend is definitely not for relaxing AUC says. Since I last posted, me and a few other students went grocery shopping using a rental car. I looked up the address to the stores on my phone, while I have wifi on campus and I just download/save the route to my phone for offline use. It worked wonderfully! The trick was remembering what roads we took so we could return back to our apartments. I went to Ace hardware for my home goods like bathroom carpets, thrash bags, cleaning supplies etc and spend almost $250 there. Then I went to Le Grand Marche (the supermarket) for grocery shopping. I spent about $375 there.....yes that's a lot of money and yes I cried inside a little.  The fun part however was when we were loading three huuge carts of groceries in the car and it started POURING. We all got soaked from head to toe but I think this was the most fun I've had in a while. To get to that store we had to go up and down a mountain, it was so gorgeous. When I get a chance, I will try to post some of my pictures and short videos I took.

The first day in St Maarten, I cried like a baby. I was anxious and I doubted myself but since orientation started I've felt better about everything, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. LOVE! Everyone is so nice and so helpful. I don't think I could have chosen a better school to be honest. The only thing is my friends and family couldn't make it to the Island with me so i feel a little sad that no one is here to attend my White Coat Ceremony tomorrow. Another thing I love about the school is that they have shuttles to take us where we need to go on the Island (as long as it's not too far). They have a shuttle that starts at 6:15pm to 3am every night. Call or text them through WhatsApp and they take you where you need to go. When you're ready to come back just call or text them and they'll come pick you up. Just make sure you have your ID badge with you at all times, They also have a non-medical transport shuttle during the day to take you to the clinic or pharmacies when you need it. I love this!

Oh! I'm still not able to reach Tropical Shipping to get my darn things from them HOW UNPROFESSIONAL ARE THEY? I called and I emailed, nothing! 

As for my phone, I decided to not get an Island Sim card/number. As long as I have wifi, I can call and text whoever through Wifi calling or text and call through WhatsApp.  What more do I need?

Orientation starts at 9am today so I must be on my way. Pictures and such are coming soon I promise. I'm sorry for my grammar and misspellings, but I mean I did warn you guys under the description on the blog page. 

TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment